A Saint Thomas More student is:
An Active Christian Who:
- Experiences a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Expresses and applies one’s faith.
- Understands and applies Catholic teaching.
- Lives the call to stewardship, sharing God’s unconditional love.
A Community Participant Who:
- Engages in active membership within (of) the community.
- Respects and values the diversity and dignity of each member of the community.
- Identifies the importance of service to and from the community.
A Self-confident and Loving Individual Who:
- Values self and others.
- Knows and shares one’s own gifts and strengths.
- Shows initiative to explore new things.
- Exhibits healthy spiritual, social, and physical behaviors.
An Independent Thinker Who:
- Solves problems and makes decisions by accessing prior knowledge, utilizing inquiry, and applying critical thinking strategies.
- Sets goals and effectively prioritizes them.
- Applies study skills and manages time while engaged in learning endeavors.
A Life-long Learner Who:
- Demonstrates a strong foundation in the basic skills of all core-curricular subjects.
- Demonstrates a strong foundation in the basic skills of specialist subjects.
- Works to continually advance academic performance.
- Independently seeks information to enhance interests and knowledge.
- Is academically prepared to transition from one grade level to the next and will be ready for high school and beyond.
A Communicator Who:
- Writes well-supported thoughts and ideas in a clear, organized, creative manner.
- Speaks confidently and with poise.
- Listens attentively and critically.
- Responds to others with respect.